Thursday, February 7, 2008

brrr

We don't have hot water at our house. The water heater may be broken. A spider may have died in the gas line and clogged it. I haven't checked around . . . maybe the whole city is out of hot water. Maybe we used our winterly quota. Heck, the weather has been bad in the whole region this week. Could it be that the snow storms blew away the hot water? I just don't even know. I just know that I washed dishes in cold water tonight. Turn the cold water handle, out comes cold water. Turn the hot water handle, yep, still cold water coming out.

But don't panic. Should this happen to you, I know how to heat up water on the stove and make a very comfortable bucket shower. At least the fire sticks still work.

6 comments:

Maggie said...

You look gorgeous & radiant in your photos. Am going to be in Michigan in March, looks like if I do get to Nebraska it's going to be after Baby Davy is born!

jess&mich said...

Not sure how "sweater folding" could be accomplished by this kind of origami-like maneuver, but perhaps its worth a shot. I think it would be easier to achieve if our husbands were fat.

http://www.dirtylaundryreadings.com/html/quotes.html

jess&mich said...

not sure if I gave the accurate site. It is called, "How to fold a shirt."

http://www.dirtylaundryreadings.com/html/quotes.html

jess&mich said...

okay..last time!!!! you're gonna think this is so worth reading since I keep fighting to get it right...it's really not. the end of the web address is html, not htm. it keeps cutting it off on me. Enjoy.

scottieb said...

stinks about the no hot water thing. hopefully that's all fixed by now. :)

happy valentine's day crystal! cheers!

crystal said...

Mich, I checked the site and its HILARIOUS! I feel like there should be a slow motion button! :) I really think I would end up with something that looked frightening if i tried that maneuver with Ben's sweaters. . . but maybe if I watch it 15 more times. . . Thanks!